Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Things I Circled in the 12-16-08 Times Pic

12-16-08

Today, I had the day off. It was one of those "Have to take it or you lose it day". The company doesn't think that way when I have to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas - when 87.3% of the company I work for will be home.
Oh well.
today my wife worked half a day so I drove her in. We had breakfast at Penny's Place - probably our favorite breakfast place. I sat in one of their rooms in her office while she worked and read my book - drank a diet coke - dozed - perused the newspaper ( New Orleans' The Times-Picayune). http://www.timespicayune.com/
I had my trust BLUE pen with me......I love that Pen....time to order more...I only have 3 left.....so I circled some of the Headlines and stories that caught my eye.

COSTLY MANDATE - this was a story about losing our Louisiana coastline. I am not done with the story, but the news is not good and hasn't been for some time.

MIDYEAR CUTS LIKELY IN STATE BUDGET - the writing is on the wall...almost everywhere. And please "anti-Jindal" folks....don't blame our governor.

OBAMA TAPS N.O. GRADUATE FOR EPA - I must say, I have been very happy with the folks President Elect Obama has picked so far.... He even received kudos at the Barber shop - Very Republican people in there - today.

And probably one of my favorites of the day...
BRAWL ERUPTS BETWEEN TWO LAWYERS AT CIVIL COURT - Once a "gentleman's profession" (not my words - but i agree) is becoming what......?
Basically these 2 lawyers got into a fight. They were pushing rival class action law suits. What is this world coming to? These are highly educated people, but highly stupid.

IN SHOE-HURLING INCIDENT, ARABS FIND A HERO (AND IT'S NOT BUSH) - Two thoughts: 1-Bush is lucky this guy didn't have bigger feet. 2-he hummed that shoe pretty hard - I think the DODGERS should sign him as a pitcher.

And finally...........(there are a lot more that I circled - but I am tired)

This is the best of the day....

GUINEA PIGS: THE OTHER HOLIDAY MEAT - It appears that in officials in the Peruvian province Callao "hailed the Andean rodent as a low-cost, low-fat alternative to a traditional turkey or roast pork Christmas dinner." Apparently people in Peru have been eating these for a while. It says that the G. PIG can feed about 7 people for $3.20. That must be a bigger G. Pig than what we are used to.
Last thought......I would love to try it.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Good night.

No comments: