Tuesday, October 28, 2008

“I’m voting for Obama. You know why?”

“I’m voting for Obama. You know why?”

10/28/08

First, notice the title of this blog is in quotes. Therefore, I didn’t say it.
A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my neighbor’s son. I think the son is about 30 years old. He asked who I was voting for (for President) I told him John McCain. He asked why. I told him because when John ran in the Republican primary about 8 years ago (when G.W.B. won his first term) I voted for him. He had thoughts and ideas that I liked. I went on to say that if given the chance, I still believe in John McCain’s thoughts and ideas. I believe he is the best man for the job.
So I asked the loaded question. “Why are you voting for Barrack Obama?”
Not expecting the brainless answer that I got, I was not so shocked by it. He said “I hope he wins so he can get assassinated.”
I asked: “are you serious?”
He said no. So I asked him why he would even say something that sounded so unintelligent.
The conversation quickly turned to other subjects.
I didn’t think about that conversation until I heard on the news about a group (skinheads) who was arrested for planning to kill Obama.
You can read about it at: http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/27/government-foils-skinhead-plot-assassinate-obama/

So my thought: What in the World do some people think?
My question: Have you ever heard the song “Take the Skinheads Bowling” by Camper van Beethoven? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDB9oCgVHGw

So yes for the record, I am voting for John McCain, but if he wins, I hope nothing happens to him.

No comments: