Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Goings on...

Goings on………….10/13/08
10/14/08

I have many things in my archived mind to Blog about, but lately I have had a bit of Bloggers Block (so-to-speak). I can blame it on the Dodgers (I am BLUE this morning) and LSU, but…
Yesterday was anon-stop day at the office. The trucking world was running on all cylinders despite it behind a Holiday.
But in the middle of the day, I had to pause (albeit) for about 10 minutes, and the stuff (junk, crazy news stories, and some informative) I saw in that little lump of time was remarkable.
Here are some of the tidbits I picked out to “discuss.”

From Yahoo News (and every other news outfit): “Dow Jumps 936 as Government Pledge Bank Aid.” So Wall Street stormed back (if you ever get to see that Big Brass looking Bull, you will enjoy) from last week’s terrible losses. That was great news. Even though I don’t know much about the stock market and such, I do know we have lost about $8,000.00 in about 8 months. I know I am not the only one. I wasn’t looking at our Wachovia statements, but that little pull this past Sunday made my finger rip into the envelope. 5 seconds later I threw it in the file. I’m sure the Presidential Nominees will educate me on what all this means, so if I can make it through the Campaign ads and the debates and the Presidential Hopeful Prayer Breakfast at Wade’s house, I might learn more about the Government’s Pledge. They know it all and have all of the answers.

This one KILLS (for lack of a better word) me.
From SFGate.com: Class Surprises Lesbian Teacher on Wedding Day.WHAT? What class? The middle?
Basically, some First graders in San Francisco took a field trip to City Hall last Friday so they could toss rose petals on their teacher who was just married (to another woman). The 18 students were from Creative Arts Charter School. The mayor of S.F. officiated.
First – the kids don’t know any better BUT they also have minds that will soak up everything. One of the children’s parents came up with the idea. I wonder about that parent’s other views.
Second - ????? I am still scratching my head as to what they are thinking here.
Liz Jaroslow (the school’s interim director) said “It really is what we call a teachable moment.” I guess the teachable moment would be to teach them young? I’m just guessing.
Of course the trip didn’t go without opposition. Chip White, Press Secretary for the “Yes on 8” (to outlaw gay marriages) campaign said “It’s just utterly unreasonable that a public school field trip would be to a same-sex wedding. This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to have an understanding of its purpose.”
According to White, unless Prop. 8 passes on Nov. 4, children will learn about same-sex marriage in school. I wonder if the Bible study will be down the hall.
Parents noted that although controversial, most didn’t see a big deal about it. Two children were held out of the field trip by their parents. This is my blog so I say HOORAY for those parents.
Parent Marc Lipsett said “How many days in school are they going to remember? This is a day they’ll definitely remember.” And that is a problem.
For those first graders, in this case 1+1 does not equal 2.

I figured out how to win the Lottery…

From Foxnews.com: Boyfriend of Kansas Woman Stuck to Toilet Wins Lottery for Second Time This Year If you recall, this was the lady who was stuck to a toilet seat for 2 years. Google “woman stuck to toilet seat” and you will get all of the info you need. Her boyfriend won the lottery twice this year. His latest winning ticket was purchased in Great Bend, KS. I actually stayed in that town for a week a few years back. Nice town. I believe the biggest Wal Mart in the state of Kansas is in Great Bend.
The way I see it: I will gather all of the books I either want to read and/or re read. I will buy an old Atari game in a garage sale. I will stock up on air freshener. I will quit my job. I will have my wife play the lottery.

From Yahoo Mail: Go to HUDforeclosed.com for “INCREDIBLE DISCOUNTS ON REAL ESTATE.” I’m not sure, but if you are in the market for a house, this might be a good web page to (at least) look at.

And Finally…
From TheLeafChronicle.com out of Clarksville, TN.
Man picks up ‘dead’ Fox, Wrecks after I t Revives
Guess what the man’s name was?
Tommy Fox

No comments: