Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'M Back

It has Been Awhile

I haven’t written a blog in quite awhile. Why? I really have no clue.
So here is what is and what should never be……..(just a play on words that really makes no sense to this entry - also the title of a great song by Led Zeppelin - the song does make sense but is not related to this blog)

A lot has been happening since my last blog and then again not much has happened.

My Great Aunt Edna passed away. Her Funeral service was beautiful. When you know someone is “TRULY” in a better place, you celebrate their life. Aunt Edna was one of the best people I have known. She was a great person to everyone.

My Birthday came and went.
We went to a restaurant we’ve never been. Le Parvenu in Kenner. http://www.leparvenu.com/

It was awesome. It moved into my Top 5 (the only problem is – who would have to fall out of my top 5).

Another Tax time is here and yes, I am stressed again. I think it stinks for people who work hard and pay taxes just to pay more.....oh well, we shall overcome!

I was fortunate to be able to speak at Church. The title of the message was “God is Awful.” I enjoyed the research and all what I learned.
Do me a favor, look up the word AWFUL in your dictionary.

I forgot to do my blood work in February, but all is well.
I’ll probably forget again in April.

I am reading KISS by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy. It is mind boggling. I was reading the book during the commercials while Lost was on. My head was spinning big time.
After Kiss, I will be reading The Shack, the children’s book, The Little Prince.

We’ve been watching some ok movies lately. Nothing that “knocked our socks” off. So I won’t go into detail on the flicks.
But I will say we watched (for the second time) August Rush. If you haven’t seen this movie, you need to.

I am changing jobs. New opportunity and new challenge. I am happy to leave the company I am currently working for. I trust that the “NU” company will be the right step for us. I gave it all up to the Lord, so whatever happens is what is supposed to.
My last day is St. Patrick’s Day. Should I wear green? Is green a “happy” color?

Speaking of St. Patty’s Day, I went to see Flogging Molly http://www.floggingmolly.com/ on March 1 (it was a part of their Green 17 Tour). Just like last year, it was remarkable. I will say this, last years opening bands were great. This year: The Mighty Stef http://www.themightystef.com/ were great. The Aggrolites – not.

The Dodgers finally signed Manny.
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!

I will have more later. I will get better with more frequent and hopefully thought-provoking blogs.

One last thing: a cool quote: "Apt words have power to assuage the tumors of the troubled mind." - John Milton (English poet)



No comments: